admin

admin's Latest Posts

The Priory – now known as Heywood House School

The Priory – now known as Heywood House School

The Priory, now known as Heywood House School, in Priory Street The town once belonged to the kings of the day, and was therefore known as a Royal Manor. Surrounded by forests, the Saxon kings came here to hunt deer. Corsham is recorded as having a great...
read more
A glimpse into the history of the Methuen Arms

A glimpse into the history of the Methuen Arms

A glimpse into the past history of this building may not be known to many, particularly those new to our area, so bear with us if you have heard the story before! In Tudor times this was the site of an impressive house, known as Winters Court, and in 1463 it was owned...
read more
Corsham Walking Festival: 17-19 June 2016

Corsham Walking Festival: 17-19 June 2016

We are holding our second full Weekend Walking Festival on the above dates, and will be offering 17 walks to suit all abilities, including a short fully accessible walk, wheelchair friendly, therefore suitable for all (carers free).  We’ll be offering new walks,...
read more

Memories of the Methuen School

  Michael Rumsey In 1816, money was given by Paul Cobb Methuen (1752-1816) for the building of a 3-roomed school for the education of ‘poor children’. That building, in South Place, Corsham celebrates its 200th birthday this year and is still being used for...
read more
Introducing the Brunel Shed

Introducing the Brunel Shed

As part of an international organisation of Men’s Sheds, one has been started for Corsham and the surrounding communities. Cllr Phil Whalley of Corsham Town started the initiative and handed it over to those who attended the first meeting at the venue.  The club will...
read more