Packhorse Inn, now the Flemish Weaver

St Bartholomew's Church before 1875

These interesting Victorian photographs were unearthed by our Chairman from Stephen Lord’s collection. Above: St. Bartholomew’s Church, a picture taken before 1875, the year in which church architect G. E. Street started a thorough rebuilding. This shows the tower in the centre of the building – Street took it down, put it on the south side and rebuilt the inside of the nave to fill the gap where the tower had been.

Here, from the same period, the Packhorse Inn, now the Flemish Weaver:

Packhorse Inn, now the Flemish Weaver

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Comment on this article