With the Campus due to open later in the year, Corsham Community Centre has been demolished, and all the facilities and activities there will be transferred to the new building.

The Community Centre was built in the 1940s, so it has served us well for three-quarters of a century. Many will even remember, as primary and secondary school students, going to school there. The Logan Manuscript, recently donated to the Society (and the subject of an article in the November issue of Spotlight) contains an interesting leaflet, issued in 1949 to extoll the virtues of the Centre and encourage people to come and use them.

1949 leaflet about Corsham Community Centre

1949 leaflet about Corsham Community Centre

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Comment on this article